Think running a small business puts you out of league with larger corporations when it comes to online advertising and marketing? Think again. The field of internet video is on the rise, so it only makes sense to incorporate online promotional videos into your small business's marketing strategy. Here are some reasons why you should consider internet video for your small business:
Cisco Visual Networking estimates that around the world, IP video traffic will make up 79 percent of all consumer traffic on the internet by the year 2018. In 2013 only 66% of all internet traffic occurs through IP video. Don't wait until 2018 to get caught up with the current marketing trends. If you do any business online, creating an internet video is the surest way to capture a large audience.
Tech Journal cites the Forrester research of Dr. James McQuivey who argues that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words, in contrast to the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words. Viewers witness a full argument in the span of a minute, and are generally more likely to engage in a video than in a lengthy email (see statistic below).
Also on Tech Journal are some statistics related to online video, including these interesting figures on just how big an impact video marketing can have on business, large and small:
- PRNewsWire.com reports that an Implix (now called GetResponse) study conducted in 2010 found that using video in email marketing leads to over 96% increase click-through rates in video emails versus non-video emails. Increasing the amount of your site traffice by 96% can lead to a definite increase in customers.
- According to Marketingweek 2011, video appears in around 70% of the top Google listings. Since customers tend to only look at the first couple of hits that pop up on Google, you want to make sure your website is at the top of the list. Having a video is a great way to do that.
- If you want to catch an executive's attention, send him/her a video email rather than an email full of lengthy text. According to Forbes Insight 2010, 59% of senior executives prefer to watch a video over reading lengthy copy. Younger executives are even more likely to not only watch but engage with videos. The survey and results done by Forbes Insight 2010 offers significant insight into which types of video are most appealing for different generations of executives.
- According to Stacks & Stacks, customers who view video are 144% more likely to add to cart (Internet Retailer, 2011). Let's repeat that last bit: 144% more likely to add to cart. That is a huge gain in customers and profit for a retailer who offers online shopping.
- An article on reelseo.com writes that a 2008 Ad-ology survey found that 20% of men cite video as a significant influence on jewelry and watch purchases (Ad-ology, 2008).
The bottom line is that if you aren't already using internet video to reach new and current customers for your small business, you are missing out on a large customer base. Contact us today to begin developing a marketing strategy that includes promotional videos.